1. Did the book description relate to the story?
While reading this book it has several smaller plot threads. No, they are not all covered in the description. However, they all link together to form a great story. I feel that the description provides enough detail to peek a readers interest.
2. How did you feel about the opening / ending sequences of the book?
The opening and ending were perfect for the story in between. The story felt right. the flow and characters just fell into place.
3. Who was your favourite character and why?
Theodora. This character reminds me so much about my grandmum. A woman that does not rely on anyone including a man to get what she wants/needs.
4. What were the main relationships explored in this book?
Learning to change. Accepting yourself for all your mistakes and learning from them.
5. Was this book worth reading?
This was a good read. I liked Nolfi’s idea on exploring part of the past with a modern twist involving an unsettled female.
Disclosure: This was a book club read. We received a complimentary copy of the book from the author. This did not affect my honest opinion of the book.